Welcome to Amber Restaurant, Coffee Shop and Whisky Bar at The Scotch Whisky Experience!
Amber is a paragon of all that's good about Scottish food and drink - Best of Edinburgh.
Amber Restaurant and Whisky Bar provides sumptuous and modern Scottish cuisine in a stylish casual-dining environment. Our service team are friendly, efficient and quietly knowledgeable in a way that does not distract from the menu. Of course, we also have a vast selection of Scotch whiskies available.
Our chefs create delicious locally sourced dishes that have been garnering accolades for over 20 years - making us the perfect place for you to discover Scotland's larder.
OPENING HOURS & CONTACT DETAILS
Open daily, seven days
Amber Restaurant & Whisky Bar - 12:00 – last orders 21:00.
Tel: 0131 477 8477
Health & Safety Measures
In addition to the measures taken through the whole of The Scotch Whisky Experience (as seen below) here are the steps, specific to our restaurant, that we will be taking to ensure we protect both our customers and our team.
- Tables will not be set with cutlery or glass ware
- We will be introducing the use of sachets for salt and pepper
- Your napkin and cutlery will be given to you in a paper pouch
- We will be introducing single use menus and also our menu will be available to view online
- Bookings must be made for no more than 6 people, from three households according to current government guidelines. This does not include children aged 11 and under unless they are from a different household.
- Households must distance so if you wish to book for more than one household you must let us know at the time of booking.
- We assume that the guests in your booking to not require to physically distance from one another. If this is not the case please let us in the last field of your booking “add special request” or by email email@example.com
- Contact details for anyone visiting our bar or restaurant will need to be taken at booking or on arrival if no booking made – these will be held securely on our reservation system.
- Maximum table time is up to 2 hours as per current guidelines.
The best meal we have had (twice) in a long time.
We hadn’t visited Edinburgh for over 12 years, so we were a little nervous (and excited) about visiting Amber restaurant, as the last time we came we had one of the best meals that we had ever had. We were not disappointed. We decided to have the Taste of Scotland taster menu. Every mouthful was amazing. Coupled with whiskies from the incredibly comprehensive whisky menu and the evening was a memorable one. We loved it so much that we immediately booked to go again two days later. This restaurant is somewhat of a ‘hidden gem’ this menu was Michelin quality but not Michelin prices.
(TripAdvisor, June 2021)
Second to none
We’ve visited the Amber Bar and Restaurant many times and never had a bad experience. The range of whisky available is incredible and the food is so delicious – coming here is one of the things we look forward to the most when we come up to Edinburgh! But the most wonderful thing of all is the staff who just make the experience second to none. Everyone in the bar and restaurant are so welcoming, knowledgeable and one of the best things of all is that everyone is so enthusiastic! We love all of the awesome recommendations and we learn more every time we visit.
The best place to drink whisky in Edinburgh
The best place to drink whiskey in Edinburgh. There are numerous choices of whiskey from Scotland. A bar tender there is very kind and knowledgeable, and he kindly helped me choosing the right whiskey for me or learning about Scottish whiskey. And the bar is really reasonable! If I come to Edinburgh again, I would definitely go there. Thanks for lovely whiskeys and your advice!
Where to find us
You'll find Amber Restaurant and Whisky Bar downstairs at the Scotch Whisky Experience. Situated on Castlehill, at the top of the famous Royal Mile and next door to Edinburgh Castle, Amber is a perfect stop off for lunch, dinner or light refreshment as you explore the city.