Terms & Conditions
WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
This website (www.scotchwhiskyexperience.co.uk) (the “Site”) is maintained by Primate on behalf of The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd (“we”, “us”). Access to and use of this Site is subject always to the following terms and conditions. By using this Site you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to abide by them. The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page of the Site. Some of the provisions contained in these terms and conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site. It is your responsibility to review these terms and conditions regularly to keep up to date with any changes to them.
Information About Us and Disclaimers
This Site is operated by The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd. We are registered in Scotland under company number SC100141, and have our registered office at 354 Castlehill, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh, EH1 2NE.
This Site is subject to regular update and revision. While we attempt to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all material posted on the Site, we take no responsibility for errors or omissions which are the result of circumstances outside our control, technical causes, or otherwise, nor will we be liable if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. We maintain the right to delete or modify the content, presentation, performance, facilities and availability of all or part of this Site without notice.
We do not guarantee that material on this Site will be free from a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other technologically harmful material that may have contaminating or destructive properties. It is your responsibility to take protective steps such as installing virus checking software.
Limitation of Liability
To the full extent permissible by law, The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd assumes no responsibility or liability for any information published on this Site and further disclaims all liability in respect of such information. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or common law; any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however, arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.
We reserve the right to grant access to this Site at our absolute discretion. Access may be denied by us, for any reason, without notice.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
Links to/from our Site
This Site contains links to other websites and information on the Internet which may be of interest. These websites and their contents are not endorsed or promoted by us in any way, unless otherwise stated. We have no control over such outside websites and you acknowledge by your use of this Site that The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd can accept no responsibility for the content of the these external sites and should you choose to use them then you do so at your own risk.
For the avoidance of doubt you expressly agree that you will not create any links from any other website to the whole or any part of our Site, either directly or indirectly, without our express prior written permission.
The intellectual property in our Site, and all material published on this Site, unless specifically indicated otherwise, is owned by (or licensed to) The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd and must not be reproduced in any medium save as provided in terms of this paragraph. You may view the Site and download any part of it to a personal computer so that you can view it for private purposes. None of the material, nor its content, nor any copy of it, may be altered in any way, transmitted to, or distributed to any other party without our express prior written permission in each case.
ONLINE TICKETING TERMS & CONDITIONS
In addition to our full terms and conditions please note our temporary cancellation policy under Covid; tickets will be refunded under the following circumstances;
- You or anyone in your household begin to display Covid symptoms
- Government restrictions stop our operation
- Government restrictions do not allow you to travel
1. Ticket holders must arrive at the Scotch Whisky Experience (SWE) ticket desk at least 15 minutes prior to the time printed on the ticket. Should you miss your allocated time entry cannot be guaranteed.
2. Your booking reference must be produced as proof of booking on the day of the visit.
3. Payments for tickets are non-refundable and tickets may only be changed or replaced at the discretion of the SWE.
4. Tickets cannot be transferred to a different date or time.
5. All persons taking the SWE Tour must purchase a ticket. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required.
6. Any tickets purchased in advance are not valid in conjunction with any other voucher, promotion, special offer or package.
7. No ticket may be resold. If SWE reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold, the holder may be refused entry to the SWE Tour without payment of compensation.
8. Prices may be subject to change, however all pre booked tickets will be honoured at the rate applied at the time of purchase.
9. A child is aged between 6 and 17 inclusive. An adult is aged 18 years and over. A senior citizen is aged 60 years and over. Young children aged 5 and under go free. A student is aged 18 years or over and in full time education. In all cases proof of age must be provided.
10. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, aged 18 years or over at all times.
11. To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into the Tour Experience, all visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched.
12. In accordance with Scottish Law smoking is strictly prohibited.
13. Pets and animals are prohibited with the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs.
14. As a licensed premises the SWE retains the right at its discretion to refuse entry.
15. SWE will endeavour to ensure that the tour experience is open for use by visitors. However, SWE reserves the right, in its discretion, for safety, maintenance or otherwise to close any part of the experience with or without prior notice. In the event of such closure SWE will issue visitors with a full refund for their ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel or out of pocket expenses in respect of closure or cancellation.
SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Whisky Month May 2022
- To enter the competition, answer the question in the box laid out on Instagram stories.
- One entry per person.
- The competition closes, 24hrs after the story is posted – the competitions will run each Wednesday, from 4th May 2022 – 1sr June 2022.
- The winner will be selected after the closing date and contacted via Instagram Messenger by the Scotch Whisky Experience within 3 working days of the competition closing. The winner will be asked to send an address for the prize to be sent to. At this time, we can only deliver within the UK.
- The prizes each week will vary.
- Winners MUST be over 18s only.
- Not valid with any other promotion.
- Exchanges of the prize for alternatives is not permitted.
- To claim a prize, the winner must follow the instructions that will be supplied to them by the Scotch Whisky Experience on acceptance of their prize.
- The prize must be taken in whole, not in part.
- This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram in any way.
- The competition is restricted to non-employees of the Scotch Whisky Experience or Amber Restaurant.
The Scotch Whisky Experience is the trading name of The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd.
Registered Office: 354 Castlehill, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2NE
Company Registration No.: SC100141
VAT No.: GB 592 8772 83