The Silver Tour
Ideal for first timers and families
Booking for Spring 2021 will open in January. Please check back here and keep an eye on our social media posts for updates.
A guided tour plus a nosing and miniature of Scotch whisky to take home and enjoy, as well as a viewing of The World's Largest Collection of Scotch Whisky. Ideal for families and first timers.
This tour includes:
- Whisky barrel ride through the production of Scotch whisky
- Introduction to the aromas in whisky
- A 5cl Scotch whisky miniature to take home.
- Viewing of the World's largest collection of Scotch whisky
- Gift of crystal whisky tasting glass (adults and concessions only)
- Audio guide available (20 languages)
Pre-booking is recommended, we have a limited capacity to ensure comforatble distancing.
Due to current restrictions, why not book one of our virtual whisky tasting events? Full details here
Ticket type guide:
- Adult (18 - 59 years)
- Concession (60 years and over, students with valid I.D.)
- Child (6 – 17 years)
- Family (2 adults and 2 children)
- Essential companions go free when accompanied by a full paying customer. (Excluding whisky and Glencairn glass). To include the whisky and glass this will be full-price.
- 1 adult Advance sale Silver tour ticket (valid for one year), please buy here
- Gift Pack - 2 adult Silver tour tickets (valid for one year), one 5cl Scotch Whisky Experience blended miniature in gift packaging, please buy here
Virtual whisky tasting experiences - why not buy a gift of a virtual whisky tasting experience? We can bring our amazing tasting experience to you! Guests will be guided through a virtual (online), tutored tasting by one of our whisky experts from our Edinburgh home at The Scotch Whisky Experience, with the backdrop of the world’s largest and most beautiful Scotch whisky collection. Tasting packs will be delivered in time for the event. (UK only). Choose from our Christmas whisky tasting, or our whisky regions and chocolate tasting.
Full information on the accessibility of your visit within our building and on our tour can be found here.
A great 'experience'!
We had such a great time at the Scotch Whisky experience. It was entertaining and informative and our tour guide, Ian was amazing. We loved the barrel ride and learning about how scotch us made. Very creative and engaging.
Great for a novice!
We visited while on our honeymoon to Scotland. My husband is an experienced Scotch drinking, but I had never cared for it. The Scotch Whisky Experience changed this! It provided my husband with a better understanding of what he likes, and how to find others of similar attributes, and I was actually able to find something I like!
Don't go expecting a distillery! This isn't it! It is an education tasting adventure!
Get a real taste for whiskies
After enjoying a full Silver tour, with an additional 2 regional miniatures to take home!
Standard price: £29.50
- 70 - 90 minutes
A Scottish blend of whisky and cuisine
This ultimate experience combines our Platinum tour with a sumptuous seasonal Scottish tasting menu in our award-winning Amber restaurant.
Standard price: £79.00
- Approx 3 hours