The Silver Tour
The perfect introduction to the world of whisky. Available all day, every day. Tickets always available on the day at our box office.
Tour bookings can currently be made one week in advance of your booking. From 17 January - end February we will be running an alternative tour with some special extras whilst the Whisky Collection is off display.
This tour includes:
- Whisky barrel ride through the production of Scotch whisky
- Introduction to the aromas in whisky
- Gift of crystal whisky tasting glass (adults and concessions only)
- Audio guide available (20 languages)
- A guided tour plus a nosing and tasting of two Scotch whiskies (or soft drink) including a pairing with an artisan chocolate.
Tours can be booked up to 7 days in advance. Same-day online bookings are not available.
If your preferred tour slot is not visible online, tickets are allocated on a walk-up basis on the day, sold on a first-come, first served basis.
Ticket type guide:
- Adult (18 - 59 years)
- Concession (60 years and over, students with valid I.D.)
- Child (6 – 17 years)
- Family (2 adults and 2 children)
- Carers go free when accompanied by a full paying customer. (Excluding whisky and Glencairn glass). To include the whisky and glass this will be £8.
Full information on the accessibility of your visit within our building and on our tour can be found here.
Duration: Approx 50 minutes
At least every 20 minutes throughout the day
Jan - March: 10am - 5pm
April - May: 10am - 6pm
June: 10am - 7.30pm
July: 10am - 8.20pm
August: Monday - Friday 10am - 5pm
August: Saturday & Sunday - 10am - 5:40pm
Sept - Dec: 10am - 5pm
A great 'experience'!
We had such a great time at the Scotch Whisky experience. It was entertaining and informative and our tour guide, Ian was amazing. We loved the barrel ride and learning about how scotch us made. Very creative and engaging.
Great for a novice!
We visited while on our honeymoon to Scotland. My husband is an experienced Scotch drinking, but I had never cared for it. The Scotch Whisky Experience changed this! It provided my husband with a better understanding of what he likes, and how to find others of similar attributes, and I was actually able to find something I like!
Don't go expecting a distillery! This isn't it! It is an education tasting adventure!
Upgrade to our members club, and get four additional whiskies - Available all day, every day.
After enjoying a full silver tour, you'll compare and contrast four regional single malts.
Standard price: £28.00
- 70 - 90 minutes
Scotch Whisky meets Scottish cuisine
This ultimate experience combines our Platinum tour with a sumptuous seasonal Scottish tasting menu in our award-winning Amber restaurant.
Standard price: £75.00
- Approx 3 hours