Under Your Nose - Terms & Conditions
The Scotch Whisky Experience Social Media Competition T&Cs
Under Your Nose 2021
How well do you know your Scotch?! IT’S COMPETITION TIME!
Over the next 5 weeks some well-known Master Blenders from the world of Scotch whisky will be describing a whisky which is under their nose! They will reveal some cryptic clues to get you digging into your knowledge of Scotch. And there’s a once in a lifetime prize for five lucky winners!
...and don’t forget to visit us @TheScotchWhiskyExperience we’ve been under your nose on Edinburgh’s Castlehill since 1988!
THE PRIZE: Our ‘money can’t buy’ prize is a zoom tasting with “The Nose”, Richard Paterson, Master Blender at Whyte & Mackay on Tuesday, 11th January 2022 at 7pm. The winners will be able to ask Richard all the whisky things they’ve always wanted to know whilst enjoying a dram online together. You’ll also be invited as our special guests to our 2021 Distillers’ Fair.
Runner up prize, will each receive £50 voucher for The Scotch Whisky Experience & Amber Restaurant.
Competition on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter:
- Each week a winner and a runner-up (with the correct answers) will be chosen at random (by a third-party app where applicable). The winner will be chosen on a Monday following the competition post on a Friday and the answer being posted on the Sunday of the same week.
- The winners will be notified via direct message or via the comments section by the end of the Monday. The winner will need to respond within 5 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- There will be a total of 5 winners and 5 runners-up.
- All competitions are open to a worldwide audience, however please be aware that parts of the prizes will need to be used here at The Scotch Whisky Experience, 354 Castlehill, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh, EH1 2NE. The competition is only open to people aged 18 or over, we may request ID on-site, under the rules of Challenge 25.
- All prizes are non-exchangeable and are not transferable. Vouchers CANNOT be redeemed online. The prize will expire within 6 months. The vouchers must not be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions, discounts or special events.
- The Zoom will take place on Tuesdya, 11th January 2022 at 7pm. Zoom links will be sent out prior to the event. The tasting is scheduled for this time and cannot be changed.
- Our distillers fair prize will allow the winner with a plus one to enjoy our Silver Tour, plus a wander around our Distillers Fair. This prize must be redeemed on an 11am tour, either day may be chosen.
- For the purpose of our winners receiving their prizes, we will be asking for their contact details. These details will only be sued for sending our the prize and for any relevant communication regarding the competition only. Personal data will not be used beyond this purpose, unless agreed with the individual.
- Prize draw decisions are final and no correspondence about these decisions will be entered into by The Scotch Whisky Experience or Richard Paterson.
- Only one entry per person per competition, unless otherwise stated in the individual content.
- Any comment, like or response to an entrant’s post or comment by The Scotch Whisky Experience does not influence the outcome of a random draw.
- Employees of The Scotch Whisky Experience are not eligible to take part in SWE competitions and any entries will be voided.
- By participation in these competitions entrants agree that they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Competitions, giveaways and promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.