Terms & conditions
This website (www.scotchwhiskyexperience.co.uk) (the "Site") is maintained by TicToc on behalf of The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd ("we", "us"). Access to and use of this Site is subject always to the following terms and conditions. By using this Site you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to abide by them. The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page of the Site. Some of the provisions contained in these terms and conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site. It is your responsibility to review these terms and conditions regularly to keep up to date with any changes to them.
Information About Us and Disclaimers
This Site is operated by The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd. We are registered in Scotland under company number SC100141, and have our registered office at 354 Castlehill, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh, EH1 2NE.
This Site is subject to regular update and revision. While we attempt to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all material posted on the Site, we take no responsibility for errors or omissions which are the result of circumstances outside our control, technical causes, or otherwise, nor will we be liable if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. We maintain the right to delete or modify the content, presentation, performance, facilities and availability of all or part of this Site without notice.
We do not guarantee that material on this Site will be free from a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other technologically harmful material that may have contaminating or destructive properties. It is your responsibility to take protective steps such as installing virus checking software.
Limitation of Liability
To the full extent permissible by law, The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd assumes no responsibility or liability for any information published on this Site and further disclaims all liability in respect of such information. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or common law; any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however, arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.
We reserve the right to grant access to this Site at our absolute discretion. Access may be denied by us, for any reason, without notice.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
Links to/from our Site
This Site contains links to other websites and information on the Internet which may be of interest. These websites and their contents are not endorsed or promoted by us in any way, unless otherwise stated. We have no control over such outside websites and you acknowledge by your use of this Site that The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd can accept no responsibility for the content of the these external sites and should you choose to use them then you do so at your own risk.
For the avoidance of doubt you expressly agree that you will not create any links from any other website to the whole or any part of our Site, either directly or indirectly, without our express prior written permission.
The intellectual property in our Site, and all material published on this Site, unless specifically indicated otherwise, is owned by (or licensed to) The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd and must not be reproduced in any medium save as provided in terms of this paragraph. You may view the Site and download any part of it to a personal computer so that you can view it for private purposes. None of the material, nor its content, nor any copy of it, may be altered in any way, transmitted to, or distributed to any other party without our express prior written permission in each case.
Online ticketing terms & conditions
1. Ticket holders must arrive at the Scotch Whisky Experience (SWE) ticket desk at least 15 minutes prior to the time printed on the ticket. Should you miss your allocated time entry cannot be guaranteed.
2. Your booking reference must be produced as proof of booking on the day of the visit.
3. Payments for tickets are non-refundable and tickets may only be changed or replaced at the discretion of the SWE.
4. Tickets are non transferable.
5. All persons taking the SWE Tour must purchase a ticket. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required.
6. Any tickets purchased in advance are not valid in conjunction with any other voucher, promotion, special offer or package.
7. No ticket may be resold. If SWE reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold, the holder may be refused entry to the SWE Tour without payment of compensation.
8. Prices may be subject to change, however all pre booked tickets will be honoured at the rate applied at the time of purchase.
9. A child is aged between 5 and 17 inclusive. An adult is aged 18 years and over. A senior citizen is aged 60 years and over. Under 5’s go free. A student is aged 18 years or over and in full time education. In all cases proof of age must be provided.
10. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, aged 18 years or over at all times.
11. To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into the Tour Experience, all visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched.
12. In accordance with Scottish Law smoking is strictly prohibited.
13. Pets and animals are prohibited with the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs.
14. As a licensed premises the SWE retains the right at its discretion to refuse entry.
15. SWE will endeavour to ensure that the tour experience is open for use by visitors. However, SWE reserves the right, in its discretion, for safety, maintenance or otherwise to close any part of the experience with or without prior notice. In the event of such closure SWE will issue visitors with a full refund for their ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel or out of pocket expenses in respect of closure or cancellation.
Online Shop Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Any imagery, or content on this site remain the property of the Scotch Whisky Experience and any reproduction should happen only with the consent of the Scotch Whisky Experience.
The Scotch Whisky Experience will not disclose customers' details to third parties. Data collected will be used solely by The Scotch Whisky Experience to enable us to process and deliver online orders and to contact you from time to time with offers and information updates. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to be contacted with such information. For your protection, all cookies will be deleted when you leave our site.
We can only sell alcohol products to those aged 18 and over. By placing an order, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age.
We accept payment online by Visa, Mastercard, Delta, American Express & Maestro. Please telephone +44131 220 0441 for further details.
All payment transactions on our site are performed using a secure server with 128 bit SSL encryption. Transactions are made on our behalf by Sage pay and Bank of Scotland.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
‣ Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
‣ Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
‣ Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
All prices quoted include VAT at the current rate of 20%. All goods remain the property of the Scotch Whisky Experience until paid for in full. Prices and manufacturers' specifications are subject to change at any time, without notice. Pricing on our website and in our onsite shop may differ. Orders taken over the phone will be charged at onsite prices. Please note, we only ship within the UK and cannot post Whisky overseas. The cost of postage for up to 2 bottles of Whisky is £9.50. Every 2 bottles thereafter will be charged at an additional £9.50 per package.
The Scotch Whisky Experience deliver to the UK only
Most orders are dispatched within 24 hours of order being placed. We only dispatch and deliver Monday-Friday.
Orders are shipped by a national courier network (Parcelforce). It is important to inspect the items for damage before you sign for delivery. Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery. Parcel Force will attempt 2 deliveries - after this, the package(s) will be returned to your local post office or Parcelforce depot and will be held for you to collect for two weeks. Packages uncollected after this period will be returned to our warehouse where you will be credited for the cost of the goods but NOT the shipping charges.
The Scotch Whisky Experience does not accept liability for failed or delayed deliveries resulting from inaccurate information supplied within orders.
Please note that there may be a surcharge for delivery to the Western and Northern Isles of Scotland.
Gift ticket delivery
Gift tickets are despatched Monday-Friday via Royal Mail First Class signed for. Please allow five working days for gift tickets to arrive with the recipient.
In the event of non-availability of goods, we will contact you to arrange alternatives or a refund where applicable.
Please note that we cannot guarantee that all bottles will be as pictured on the online shop. If you have a specific requirement in terms of the batch number or edition of the bottle you are interested in, please contact email@example.com prior to ordering.
In the event of any defect in any item purchased the following will apply:
If an item is faulty on delivery we will send an immediate replacement (if in stock) and collect the broken item. Otherwise simply send the item back to us, packed to the same standard as you received it, and we will replace it as appropriate and return at no cost.
If we have collected any item which proves not to be faulty, then the customer shall be liable to pay for the uplift and delivery charge.
If we have arranged an uplift for any reason from a customer, and the customer is not at home at the agreed time, or the goods are not able to be collected due to a lack of packing then we will either charge a 'journey' fee (charged to us by our courier), or ask that the item be returned by the customer directly.
ALL returns must be authorised by email or phone by The Scotch Whisky Experience before being returned. This is to ensure correct tracking of your goods and any refunds or replacements that may be due.
Please ensure that the returned items are boxed and securely packaged for the journey back to us. Failure to do so may result in damage to the item which we will not be held responsible for.
The Scotch Whisky Experience is the trading name of The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd.
Registered Office: 354 Castlehill, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2NE
Company Registration No.: SC100141
VAT No.: GB 592 8772 83