The Platinum Tour
A whisky lover's dream - Online booking available now.
Online booking is now available! Pre-booking is recommended.
A whisky lover's dream: an early evening tour, with an extended viewing of The World's Largest Collection of Scotch Whisky. After their tour visitors will be sent a link to a guided nosing and tasting of single malt whiskies and a blended whisky to enjoy at home at their leisure.
This tour includes:
- Whisky barrel ride through the production of Scotch whisky
- Introduction to the aromas in whisky
- Link to online guided nosing and tasting of malt whiskies and blended whisky
- Extended viewing of the World's Largest Collection of Scotch Whisky
- Boxed crystal whisky tasting glass
- 2x 5cl Scotch whisky miniatures to take home
- Complimentary gift
- Please note that this tour is available in English only
- Please note that this tour is strictly for those aged 18 years and over
Essential companions are admitted free of charge, however if they wish to participate fully in the tour (whisky tasting, receive gifts etc), then they will be charged at full-price.
Please note pre-booking is recommended.
Book here now, to enjoy a Taste of Scotland Experience along with your Platinum Tour.
- 1 adult Advance sale Platinum tour ticket (valid for one year), please buy here
- Gift Pack - 2 adult Platinum tour tickets (valid for one year), one 5cl Scotch Whisky Experience blended miniature in gift packaging, please buy here
Full information on the accessibility of your visit within our building and on our tour can be found here.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Everyday, 5:45pm. Click 'buy tickets' to check time slots.
Platinum Tour a Trip Highlight
Took the Platinum Tour last Friday and it was certainly the best thing I did that day, and perhaps all trip! Normally a bourbon drinker, I learned so much about the process of making scotch, as well as how to actually appreciate a dram.
One of our group specifically asked to visit the Scotch Whisky Experience as part of our visit to Edinburgh. The rest of us were a bit skeptical, but we went along. WOW!
We ended up doing the Platinum tour. The tasting was led by a very knowledgeable guide in a manner similar to wine tasting. You observe the colour, spend some time on the aromas and then taste. The samples varied widely which made it very interesting - we had a blast!