The Platinum Tour
A taste of luxury with our in-depth evening tour
A whisky lover's dream: an early evening tour, plus a guided nosing and tasting of four contrasting single malt whiskies followed by an extended viewing of The World's Largest Collection of Scotch Whisky.
This tour includes:
- Whisky barrel ride through the production of Scotch whisky
- Introduction to the aromas in whisky
- Guided nosing and tasting of four contrasting single malt whiskies
- Extended viewing of the World's Largest Collection of Scotch Whisky
- Boxed crystal whisky tasting glass
- Complimentary gift
- Please note that this tour is available in English only
- Please note that this tour is strictly for those aged 18 years and over
Carers go free when accompanied by a full paying customer. (Excluding whisky and Glencairn glass).
Duration: 1.5 hours
Daily early evening. Click 'buy tickets' to check time slots.
Platinum Tour a Trip Highlight
Took the Platinum Tour last Friday and it was certainly the best thing I did that day, and perhaps all trip! Normally a bourbon drinker, I learned so much about the process of making scotch, as well as how to actually appreciate a dram.
One of our group specifically asked to visit the Scotch Whisky Experience as part of our visit to Edinburgh. The rest of us were a bit skeptical, but we went along. WOW!
We ended up doing the Platinum tour. The tasting was led by a very knowledgeable guide in a manner similar to wine tasting. You observe the colour, spend some time on the aromas and then taste. The samples varied widely which made it very interesting - we had a blast!