A whisky lover's dream: an early evening tour, with an extended viewing of The World's Largest Collection of Scotch Whisky.
This tour includes:
- Whisky barrel ride through the production of Scotch whisky
- Introduction to the aromas in whisky
- Extended viewing of the World's Largest Collection of Scotch Whisky
- Tutored nosing and tasting of 4 specially selected contrasting regional single malts and 1 deluxe blend.
- Boxed crystal whisky tasting glass
- Complimentary gift
Please note that this tour is available in English only and is strictly for those aged 18 years and over.
Essential companions are admitted free of charge, however if they wish to participate fully in the tour (whisky tasting, receive gifts etc), then they will be charged at full-price.
Please note pre-booking is recommended.
- 1 adult Advance sale Platinum tour ticket (valid for one year), please buy here
- Gift Pack - 2 adult Platinum tour tickets (valid for one year), one 5cl Scotch Whisky Experience blended miniature in gift packaging, please buy here
Virtual whisky tasting experiences - looking to enjoy a tasting from the comfort of your own home or why not buy a gift of a virtual whisky tasting experience? We can bring our amazing tasting experience to you!
Full information on the accessibility of your visit within our building and on our tour can be found here.
(Tour duration 90 minutes)
Oct: 5.15pm & 5.45pm - Mon-Sun
Nov: 5.15pm & 5.45pm - Mon-Sun
Dec: 5.15pm & 5.45pm - Mon-Sun*
*28 Dec - 3 Jan: 5.15pm & 6.15pm
Platinum Tour a Trip Highlight
Took the Platinum Tour last Friday and it was certainly the best thing I did that day, and perhaps all trip! Normally a bourbon drinker, I learned so much about the process of making scotch, as well as how to actually appreciate a dram.
One of our group specifically asked to visit the Scotch Whisky Experience as part of our visit to Edinburgh. The rest of us were a bit skeptical, but we went along. WOW!
We ended up doing the Platinum tour. The tasting was led by a very knowledgeable guide in a manner similar to wine tasting. You observe the colour, spend some time on the aromas and then taste. The samples varied widely which made it very interesting - we had a blast!