The Platinum Tour
As of Monday 23rd March 2020, we will be accepting bookings from Monday 15th June 2020 onwards.
Due to our temporary closure, as of Monday 23rd March 2020, we will be accepting bookings from Monday 15th June 2020 onwards.
A whisky lover's dream: an early evening tour, plus a guided nosing and tasting of four contrasting single malt whiskies and a blended whisky, followed by an extended viewing of The World's Largest Collection of Scotch Whisky
This tour includes:
- Whisky barrel ride through the production of Scotch whisky
- Introduction to the aromas in whisky
- Guided nosing and tasting of four contrasting single malt whiskies and one blended whisky
- Extended viewing of the World's Largest Collection of Scotch Whisky
- Boxed crystal whisky tasting glass
- Complimentary gift
- Please note that this tour is available in English only
- Please note that this tour is strictly for those aged 18 years and over
Essential companions are admitted free of charge, however if they wish to participate fully in the tour (whisky tasting, receive gifts etc), then they will be charged at full-price.
Please note that same-day online bookings are not available.
Full information on the accessibility of your visit within our building and on our tour can be found here.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Daily early evening. Click 'buy tickets' to check time slots.
Platinum Tour a Trip Highlight
Took the Platinum Tour last Friday and it was certainly the best thing I did that day, and perhaps all trip! Normally a bourbon drinker, I learned so much about the process of making scotch, as well as how to actually appreciate a dram.
One of our group specifically asked to visit the Scotch Whisky Experience as part of our visit to Edinburgh. The rest of us were a bit skeptical, but we went along. WOW!
We ended up doing the Platinum tour. The tasting was led by a very knowledgeable guide in a manner similar to wine tasting. You observe the colour, spend some time on the aromas and then taste. The samples varied widely which made it very interesting - we had a blast!