Thyme Well Spent
- Straight-sided tumbler
- Sprig of thyme and lemon twist
2 shots Dalmore 12yo
10ml thyme syrup
3 dashes of rhubarb bitters
Lemon twist and sprig of thyme to garnish
- Prepare the lemon twist using peeler (about 3 inches long) and cut a small disc of lemon peel (no bigger than a 50p coin)
- Take your shaker glass and add to it, the lemon peel disc, rhubarb bitters, thyme syrup, Dalmore 12yr and around 8-10 ice cubes.
- Stir this for at least 30 seconds until the liquid level comes up to about meet the ice level.
- At this point you can ‘dip taste’ it, it should still be quite strong, if still too strong stir for a bit longer.
- Fill your straight-sided tumbler with ice and julep strain your liquid into the glass.
- Twist lemon strip over drink and place on ice. Take a sprig of 2 or 3 bits of thyme and place down the side of drink.