Specific website elements
Cookies - Cookies are small files that websites save to your computer. They are used to make this website work better for you, and to tell us about how people use the website. These cookies are not used to identify you personally, but they remember activities and preferences chosen by you and your browser.
When visiting this website you may have the following cookies placed on your computer:
Cookies required to enable website services and provide functionality: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as searches, carts, preferences and access to secure areas. Without these cookies, the services of this website cannot be provided in a smooth and consistent way. These cookies hold anonymous information and last only a short time after your visit.
Performance cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited and if errors have occurred. They are used to make improvements to this site.
Third party cookies:
BookATable to facilitate your restaurant booking
Youtube to show you are accessibility video
Google Analytics which allow to monitor how the website is used and make improvements
To opt in to cookies, please click here
To opt out of cookies, please click here
The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre Ltd (Trading as The Scotch Whisky Experience) is a data holder committed to following policies which protect your privacy and comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. We will only obtain personal data from you for specified and lawful purposes, any personal data which we obtain will be processed fairly and lawfully.
2. Data we collect
The data we may collect from you includes your name, email address, home/business address, telephone numbers, qualifications, payment details, images from our CCTV system.
3. Uses of personal data
We collect personal data for one or more of the reasons below, to:
1. Process enquiries.
2. Enable the completion and delivery of online sales.
3. Enable the booking of events, functions, tours or training courses.
4. Enrol in a membership scheme.
5. Sign up to a newsletter.
6. View video images for security.
7. Enable business to business communication or transactions.
8. Recruit new staff.
9. Verify identity
4. Sharing personal data and third parties
Data collected may be shared with third parties' security teams to allow entry to local area cordons during special events. It may also be stored by third parties in secure data centres within the EU.
5. Retention of data
Data collected with only be retained for the duration of its intended purpose. This duration will be determined based on its use and/or the legal requirements for its collection. We may need to continue to hold some details about you outwith this period, for example for legal and regulatory purposes.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality and security of both physical and electronic personal data.
We take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data accurate and up to date.
8. Your Rights
• We will take all reasonable steps to uphold your rights to protect your personal data.
• The right to object if we are using your data because we deem it necessary for our legitimate interests to do so.
• The right to perform a Data Subject Access Requests (DSR) to review any personal data held about you by The Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre.
• The right to update or amend personal data held about you.
• The right to withdraw consent for us to process or hold your personal data at any time, unless there are legal and regulatory requirements which require us to retain the data.
• The right of erasure, in some circumstances you have the right to request that we erase any of your personal data that we hold. Unless there are legal and regulatory requirements which require us to retain the data.
• The right to review, amend or remove the right to process or hold your data.
• The right of data portability. If you wish for another business to provide a service we currently fulfil, then you have the right for us to securely, directly transfer the data to the new company on your behalf in a readily useable format.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Information Commissioner's Office
0303 123 1113
Please contact us using the details below, we will reply to any requests within 28 days.
Data Protection Officer
The Scotch Whisky Experience
The Royal Mile
0131 220 0441